Creamy Mushroom Stroganoff
- Melt the butter in a large casserole dish over a medium-low heat and cook the onion and mushroom for 6-8 minutes until slightly softened. Add the garlic and cook for one minute longer.
- Add the stock, tomato purée, Worcestershire sauce and paprika. Stir everything together and cover with a lid. Cook over a low heat for 30-35 minutes, removing the lid for the final 5-10 minutes to reduce the sauce to your preferred level of thickness.
- Stir in the sour cream and chopped parsley. Serve with your choice of rice, mash or pasta.
- Large knob of butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 600g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tsp paprika
- 6 tbsp Avonmore Sour Cream
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Rice, mash or pasta